Thursday, July 15, 2010

Down Toward the Bay




Down Toward the Bay, 12 x 20 inches, oil on linen


Here's the new painting with a hint of the coastline in the distance. As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, in the foggy road painting I noticed that the brushstrokes in the distance looked like it might be suggesting a coastline. It was just accidental, but it set the course for this painting, in which I actually suggested a coastline on purpose. It's still vague and ambiguous, but that's the way I like it. I will make it more obvious in another painting, when I'm looking for a different mood.



5 comments:

  1. A different road creates and different mood, creates a new piece! How true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. endless variations on the road theme~ I've done many, and still not tired of them. Which is sayin' something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so very pretty, Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think there is one painting of yours that I don't like.

    You must speak my artistic language.

    Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed at how you make an ordinary road so extraordinary. Great work.

    ReplyDelete