Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Napa Valley Art Festival 2010




Napa Valley Art Festival is this Saturday!! I'm really looking forward to catching up with peeps of my tribe. I am also in need of being inspired by their artwork, as I'm in a middle of a serious rut that's kind of dragging on (as evidenced by the drop in the frequency of my posts).

I will be showing a dozen or so recent paintings, both studio and plein air, so if you are in the area, come on out to Napa Valley, enjoy some fine wines and come see some art. And if you do, don't forget to say Hi! (psst! mention this blog and I'll give you a discount!)

You can find more info on their website.

6 comments:

  1. Best wishes at your show in Napa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this painting very inspirational. It looks like it could be a scene from the Midwest...love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those little pops of faded red in the distance, Terry. A beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lead into this painting has been so cleverly positioned - right from the edge - difficult to do but you've achieved it sucessfully. Like this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Casey!

    Thanks Carol, I've never been to the Midwest, but I'm glad that it's reminiscent. That means that the painting connects both at the universal and the personal level. Encouraging.

    Autumn, thanks~ A whole bunch of these coming to Chicago / Glencoe this fall. Frantically trying to finish a few larger ones now.

    Thanks Bridget, for recognizing the construct and the intent. My left brain thanks you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck at the festival!

    When it comes to slumps, I find it best not to think of it. It passes easier that way... Artists stimulation might do you good.

    ReplyDelete