Saturday, September 10, 2011

Music While You Paint



Some artists, when painting on location,  listen to music through their earbuds or headphones using an iPod or similar devices. Me, I usually bring my ten-piece harp ensemble with me when I paint en plein air. Something about the angelic  background music triggers Divine inspiration.



....which doesn't necessarily translate to a better painting unfortunately, but I find it soothing nonetheless. Except when you're painting here in the Fair Oaks Village, periodic interruption by roosters crowing at the top of their lungs sort of ruins the effect.

4 comments:

  1. Dude! You must make tons of cash from your painting skills to hire all those harpists. ;

    If you ever get out to Kentucky lets paint and I'll get some Bluegrass pickers to provide the background music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, I love it ! ...the only thing better would be angels playing them while hovering....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently you've died and gone to plein air heaven -- too bad you cropped in so close, I would've liked to have seen the cherubs above your easel...or wait a minute -- maybe it's all a dream (isn't that what harp music implies in the movies?) Anyway, I'll stick with my garage sale 8-track specials until I can afford live entertainment like you...unless you really are dead -- now you got me worried Terry, I hope you're still with us!!(?)

    ReplyDelete