Friday, April 20, 2012

Painting the (Small) Town -a plein air workshop!



Next weekend (April 27 - 29) I am teaching a three day (well, two and a half) workshop in Winters, California. It's a plein air workshop, entitled Painting the (Small) Town.

Winters is a quaint little town that time forgot and is located west of Sacramento, and we are going to be painting street scenes, facades, etc.  It looks like the weather is going to be fabulous, and I'm excited to get out and paint the sights!

And so here's my announcement. I have just ONE opening left for this workshop. If you'd like to join us, the cost is $325 (includes my 80 page full color, fully illustrated book). Please contact Debbie Warrick at the office to sign up; (916) 966-7517.  Don't wait though, because as I said, I only have one spot left!


The painting above is a class demo I did a few weeks ago, and it depicts an alleyway in Winters. I did a little glazing after it was dry, so it wasn't entirely done in one sitting.

5 comments:

  1. too bad it's too far... nice work this one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sergio -
    Is it coming up? I've never done that one but yesterday I was there doing some sketching and I really enjoyed it so may be I'll show up. I just can't commit to events very easily (my life revolves around kids' schedules) so I'll have to play it by ear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, May 4-11th. I've never done it before either, but everyone tells me its a blast

    ReplyDelete