Monday, September 10, 2012

California Dreaming


California Evening, 24 x 36 inches, oil on linen

California Dreaming, a group show at Anne Irwin Gallery in Atlanta opens this Friday!  

I will be showing with some great artists; Ken Auster, Dana Hooper, Dan McCaw, Danny McCaw, John McCaw, Terry DeLapp, Adele Sypesteyn and William Wray.

I'm traveling to Atlanta for the opening, which will be this Friday (September 14) from 6pm - 8:30pm, so if you are in the area, please come to the opening and say hello! 

I've never been to Atlanta (other than the airport, but that doesn't count) so I am really looking forward to this trip. I'm also teaching a workshop this weekend at the Art School in Sandy Springs, which should be a lot of fun, too. The weather forecast looks pretty good... I hope it holds up!

If you can come to the opening, the show will be up for about a month so if you're in the area, be sure to check it out~ 

The painting I'm posting today is one I just sent to Anne Irwin for this show. I will talk about how this painting came to be, in another post (I have to find some earlier photos). The evolution is actually kinda interesting.

See you at the opening!

7 comments:

  1. Wow so beautiful painting. I like the color very much. I'll visit your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious painting! I've been following your blog for over a year now, and this is one of my favorites - great light, composition and perspective. Thanks Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way this painting slowly take one all the way to the back as well as the contrast between the cool foreground and the warm light - for me it is just a remarkably beautiful painting

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Aisha, Alexander, John, and Johan! Comments much appreciated :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful painting . . . its richness and depth keep me looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maravillosos Trabajos...todo tu blog está lleno de maravillas.

    ReplyDelete