Monday, November 12, 2012

Terry Miura and Erik Tiemens: New California Landscapes



I am happy to announce a very special exhibition, Terry Miura and Erik Tiemens - New California Landscapes, opening December 1st at The Holton Studio Gallery in Emeryville!

If you are a fan of landscape painting, you are probably already familiar with the work of my good friend, the phenomenally talented Erik Tiemens. If you're not, you should be. Go check it out on his website; Watersketch.com.

Erik and I were classmates at Art Center College of Design way back in the late eighties. Since school, he went on to work in the movie industry, and I worked as a freelance illustrator for magazines and book publishers.

Here we are, more than twenty years later, painting California landscapes, and showing together. I'm really excited about this show because my respect for his extraordinary talent goes way back. Having him as a classmate always made me try harder, and goddamnit, he's still doing that to me. But joking aside, it's an honor to be showing with Erik, and I can't wait to see them all framed and hung!

Speaking of frames, every single one of the paintings in the show will be framed by Tim Holton's beautiful hand-crafted frames. They show off our tonalist, historically-flavored landscapes beautifully. It really is a three-person show~!


The exhibition opens Saturday, December 1st, at The Holton Studio Gallery in Emeryville. You're all invited to the reception - I hope you can make it!


The Holton Studio Gallery
5510 Doyle Street
Emeryville, CA

Reception: Saturday December 1st, 4 - 6pm







3 comments:

  1. Wow, did not know of Erik's work. Exciting! Looks like a terrific show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG This is gonna be a great show! I have to come down to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen a few of the pieces Erik is putting in the show, but they're fantastic! I can't wait to see the rest.

    Sergio, it's going to be a fun gathering! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete