Terry Miura • Studio Notes


Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Two Upcoming Workshops!!





If you're reading this blog, you are probably an artist. May be you're a landscape painter, or you work with the figure, or may be your love is for cityscapes? Whatever it is, you know it's all  interrelated, and you know painting from observation is an important part of the discipline.

It's not easy, no. If it were, you probably wouldn't be reading this blog. You probably wouldn't be addicted to painting. But you are. I know I am.

It took me many years and thousands of paintings to learn some essential principles and techniques in painting, and I have been sharing those little nuggets of wisdom (not my wisdom, to be sure. But of the accumulated, collective knowledge of thousands that came before you and me) on this here blog.

But there are limits to what I can communicate with a few images and a bunch of typed up words. If you find the information on Studio Notes useful or interesting, but are frustrated because you're having trouble applying this knowledge to your own work, I have a couple of opportunities coming up where I will be able to show you exactly what I mean, and answer any questions that you may have about this painting thing. Or at least, I will do my best to answer them. I cannot tell you what Rembrandt ate for breakfast, but I can show you how to create that subtle edge, or that evocative moody gray sky.

Here are the two workshops I'll be teaching in a coupla months. They are both three-day plein air landscape painting workshops*.


May 19 - 21 Bainbridge Island, WA
Winslow Art Center
$425
Info and registration: https://www.winslowartcenter.com/workshops.php

Bainbridge Island is a beautiful little island just a short ferry ride away from Seattle. It's very green, and there are boats and water to challenge us. I taught here a couple of years ago, and I loved painting there!




October 6 - 8 Lowell, MI
Franciscan Life Process Center
$395
Info and registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/terry-miura-plein-air-strategies-tickets-24439507224

Lowell is a picturesque farm country just outside of Grand Rapids. And I mean picturesque! Beautiful barns and silos, gardens and riverscape, old structures with lots of character... And the Franciscan Life Process Center has very comfortable accommodations for very reasonable prices. Gotta love that!

Both of these workshops are open to all levels, but I highly recommend at least some outdoor painting experience before coming to the workshop. Never painted outside? Hey, you still got time to get out there and see what makes it so hard but addicting! If you're still unsure, sign up with a friend!

If you missed out on a previous workshop, don't miss out this time around - workshops do fill up, so if you're at all interested, don't wait!

Hope to see you in Washington in May, or in Michigan in October!







*In adverse weather, we will be working indoors using photos and sketches for references.



No comments:

Post a Comment